About the Environment
Our commitment to current and future generations
Tyreright and the environment
Tyreright is committed to Environment Management for current and future generations on our planet. Tyreright's Environmental Management System (EMS) is focussed on cleaner business practises by:
- Continually improving control over activities that may create pollution and environmental risks.
- Identifying and implementing appropriate responses to legislated requirements.
- Committing to comply with the Environmental Protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- Minimising adverse effects our business has on the environment aiming to prevent pollution.
- Encouraging staff to contribute, co-operate and participate in environment related matters.
- Training staff and customers to minimise environmental effects using our products and services.
- Minimising use of natural resources including raw materials, energy and water.
- Re-using and recycling all materials and natural resources, including water, where practical.
- Taking precautions to identify, assess and control risks to the environment.
- Setting environmental management procedures and practices, including reporting tyre faults.
Tyreright use accredited waste tyre collectors and tyre recyclers. Our partnerships and industry affiliations are an integral step in supporting and strengthening the rubber recycling industry to minimise the environmental impact of end of life tyres.
In addition, Tyreright places an emphasis on selling low rolling resistance tyres, which help the environment by lowering fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Such tyres include GT Radial Champiro Eco, UHP1 and BAX 2. Tyreright works very closely with GT Radial, a heavily awarded manufacturer for their focus towards sustaining the environment. Their contribution has included:
- Planting 16,000 trees around their Indonesian factory and research track facilities for a greener environment.
- Establishing a 'citizen social responsibility' as part of their corporate culture.
- Commitment to put an emphasis on tyre manufacturing process to minimise environmental impact.
- Investing millions of dollars in environmental protection projects.
Tyreright retails tyres from leading manufacturers such as BFGoodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Hankook, Michelin, Pirelli, Toyo & Yokohama who fund a national Australian wast tyre management program (TSA) which offers grant research & recycling projects to re-use, reduce and recycle tyres.